Monday, February 8, 2010

A bunch of Wild Things

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I watched "Where The Wild Things Are" yesterday because I was really curious about how they would stretch more or less 10 sentences into a 90-minute movie. All the hype and the buzz about this movie certainly inflated my expectations, so I went into the moviehouse with quite a bit of excitement. However, I was also bracing myself for immense disappointment, since it goes without saying that most movies never live up to the hype. I'm looking at you, Avatar in IMAX 3D.

Well, I most definitely wasn't disappointed. The movie certainly took the book's theme to heart and even dared to push it into even darker territory, so much so that the MTRCB gave it a PG-13 rating. It's unsettling, sometimes menacing, and yet still infused with lots of charm and real emotion.

The soundtrack is really good too -- I'm in the process of downloading it as I type this. The performances were also great, most especially Max Records, who plays Max. I know, what a coincidence.

Would definitely recommend that you guys watch this in a theater. Unfortunately, it only seems to be playing at Greenbelt 3. Anybody else know where you can catch this film?

* * * * *
Do you guys remember Daniel Brusilovsky? He's the 16-year-old tech writer and CEO who I briefly wrote about here.

Well, he got fired from his writing job at TechCrunch because he accepted a Macbook Air for a bribe. Goodness.

* * * * *
Also, in not so surprising news, a male model offered to "suck (a policeman's) dick and balls" after getting arrested for being drunk and disorderly.

The male model just happens to be 19-year-old Nick Snider, who is the current face of Prada.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
At least he still got the stank face on even in the mug shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment