Thursday, September 10, 2009

The perils of being a technological idiot

I spent the whole night trying to make a Facebook Fan Page for the section I write for, and what should have been a simple process ended up taking hours because I am an idiot who knows nothing about clicking simple buttons. I swear I am never doing that again.

Which probably means this will happen again next week.

* * * * *
A couple of weeks ago a big fuss was being raised over track and field athlete Caster Semanya and the fact that she looks like a man and participates in the women's division.

Like most people, I was all "Just because she looks like a man doesn't mean she is, HDU!" But then tests come out saying that Caster Semanya is, well, something in between.

Now I don't know what to think.

* * * * *
The British government officially apologized to gay mathematician Alan Turing. I don't think it really changes anything or how horrible he was treated, but I guess no one can deny that it is a classy gesture.

No comments:

Post a Comment