Sunday, September 27, 2009

Le Deluge

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Considering how everyone else is suffering right now, what me and my family went through the past two nights was nothing. The worst we had to endure was a lack of electricity and a few babies that had to be evacuated to the nearby hospital. Throughout Ondoy we were dry, while some of my friends, colleagues, and co-workers were either stranded in buses or had their homes flooded in.

Walking to work yesterday, however, was quite a trip. I felt like I was in a Mad Max movie: people were walking down the streets dazed at the extent of the damage. The Quiapo underpass was completely underwater, and children and adults were using it as an impromptu Olympic-size diving pool.

Where I live now is looking much better. The sounds of traffic is now lording it over everything, which is something one wants to hear when all you could hear last Saturday was the dreary monotone of Ondoy's downpour.

Everyone else, though, needs help. This is a consolidated list of all the numbers and sites for those who want to help out the typhoon victims: http://ow.ly/rfjT.

I also took some pictures of the flooding Tropical Storm Ondoy caused in some areas of Manila, which you can view here: http://bit.ly/Fwip5

* * * * *
Here's something that will hopefully bring a little smile to your faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment