Monday, September 27, 2010

*too sleepy to think of a title*


Brother and sister duo Dylan and Lauren


To call the past two weeks "harrowing" is an understatement.

Two big book events happened a couple of weeks ago, which resulted in me having to wake up at 6 in the morning all of last week. And if you know me, you know that those are UNGODLY hours. And I had to take cabs to the venues because I couldn't trust myself enough to stay awake on a jeepney.

I didn't mess up at the events -- I am nothing if not a trooper -- but it did wreak havoc on my sleep. And it bled into last week, where I would often find myself groggily looking at my laptop's monitor trying to will stories out of it. It wasn't until yesterday that I finally got a lengthy amount of rest.

I'm yawning even as type this out now. Used to be, I could pull all-nighters and still function perfectly the next day. Now I have to get my eight hours in. I hate being old.

On the bright side, my leave has been approved! I just need to get my funds and it's off to Singapore for me!

* * * * *
I haven't heard of Maureen Johnson or read any of her books, but I do like what she has to say in her blog post Sell the Girls.

And I have to thank her for providing the link to the interview that proves without a doubt that Nicholas Sparks is a grade A douchenozzle.

To quote:

"Sparks' favorite tale of youth? 'I think A Walk to Remember,' he says, citing his own novel. 'That's my version of a coming-of-age.'"


You should read the part where he compares his novels to Greek tragedies.

* * * * *
I used to be a wrestling fan in the faraway days of my youth. Maybe that's why this is intriguing to me.

2 comments:

  1. Ohmigosh Ronald! I just recently rediscovered my love for this song, when a friend played it in one of our inumans. Only recently just realized it was actually love song-ish - when it first came out, I didn't care much about the lyrics and was more engrossed with the weird music video. I LOVE THIS! And this version is precious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only really understood the lyrics when I stopped watching the music video. I guess it's a common reaction. XD

    ReplyDelete