Friday, May 14, 2010

Chillin'

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Chaos Rings


I know that I've got a few gamers on my f-list, most of whom are SquareEnix fans, so I'm pretty sure they know about Chaos Rings, which is a SquareEnix exclusive for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.

Having played Final Fantasy from its SNES days to Final Fantasy IX (I only stopped playing because I couldn't find a good enough emulator), I was immediately interested in this game. The price tag was a little off-putting at first, but then I realized that I've bought games for my Wii that cost twice as much. And I certainly can't carry around my Wii like I can do with my iPod Touch.

I've only just begun playing, but so far I've been having a great time. It reminds me a lot of Final Fantasy VIII, and so far it has been running smoothly. It certainly looks like I will once again have another reason for not getting any work done here in the house or at the office.

In somewhat related news, here's a history of gay rights in video games.

* * * * *
There's a series of books that's going to come out set in "Modelland", which is described as a place

"where 'Intoxibellas' are trained. Intoxibellas are drop-dead beautiful, kick-butt fierce and, yeah, maybe they have some powers too."


If you haven't figured out by now who is going to write this future classic, then there is no hope for you. Or maybe you could just find out who it is over here.

I can't wait to get my hands on this thing, if you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment